IIFYM Friendly Recipe- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
Total Time- 7 hours
This flexible dieting friendly recipe is a comforting, home cooked meal that is easy to make in your slow cooker. Creamy noodles and juicy chicken are cooked in a savory sauce that is hard not to love! I hope you enjoy!
- 1.5-2lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz each (buy reduced fat to lower fat amount)
- 1-2 tsp dried parsley
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp poultry seasoning
- .25 tsp garlic powder
- .5 stick of butter (but light to lower fat amount)
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz egg noodles uncooked
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot, then top with the soups (no water added) and sprinkle with the spices. Add butter slices to the top, and pour in the chicken broth.
- Cook over low heat for 5-6 hours, or high heat for 3-4 hours. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred into large chunks with two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the pot along with the dry egg noodles and stir. Continue cooking for 30-45 minutes, until noodles are tender. Enjoy!
Total servings- 8
Calories per- 357
Protein- 30 grams
Fat- 14 grams
Carbs- 25 grams
Recipe Credit- belleofthekitchen.com