IIFYM Recipe- Lasagna Roll Up
Total Time: 45 minutes
One of the beauties with flexible dieting is your ability to enjoy all your favorite foods. And most people can agree that pasta is a universal favorite. This macro friendly lasagna roll up recipe will be sure to help satisfy your Italian dish cravings. Please be sure to give it a try and enjoy!
- 16 oz 93% lean ground beef
- 28 oz marinara sauce
- 15 oz part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% (part skim) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 12 pieces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Over medium high heat, cook lean ground beef in a pan. Once it is browned drain grease.
- With beef in the pan and heat on low add in dried oregano, minced garlic, and marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper to turn off heat.
- Cook lasagna noodles in a pot of water to al dente according to directions on package.
- Prepare cheese mixture while pasta is cooking. Add ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan, 2 tbsp fresh basil, 2 tbsp fresh parsley, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper until a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- In a 9×13 baking dish spread a thin layer (about 1/3 cup) of meat sauce onto bottom of dish. Spread about 1/4 cup of cheese mixture onto each noodle and top with 1 heaping tbsp of meat sauce. Roll noddles and line into baking dish.
- When finished top the noodles with the remaining meat sauce and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes covered with foil. Do not cover tight as the foil will stick to the cheese. Just lay the foil over. Garnish with remaining basil and parsley. Enjoy!
Total servings- 12
Calories per serving- 230
Protein- 18 grams
Fat- 7 grams
Fiber- 1 gram
Recipe Credit- https://www.malzisfit.com/lasagna-roll-ups/