An article by Cat Moore
We all have experienced the one point in time where we get stuck in a rut of eating the same things over and over to hit our macros, but we aren’t really enjoying the things we eat. We lose inspiration and cravings start to kick in. Sometimes the only thing your meal needs is just that one ingredient to take it from good to YUM… but we don’t know what that one ingredient is! Below are some of my favorite finds from Trader Joe’s that won’t break your bank, won’t kill your macros, and will take your meal to the next level!
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend:This is HANDS DOWN my secret weapon for pretty much everything. This can be added on top of anything to add a ton of flavor. The best part is there are no macros in this seasoning, so go ahead and load it up on your vegetables, mix it into your meats, and shake it on top of your carb source!
- Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi. I was turned on to this by one of my friends who found it and swears by it. I tried it for myself and I give this one a solid 10/10. Ingredients list is short; no laundry list of added artificial ingredients here! The packaging offers several ways to cook but I would recommend cooking it in an air fryer if you have one to get the gnocchi the perfect golden brown. The best part is that, since its cauliflower based, it is going to be a lot lower in carbs than your traditional gnocchi. It can be eaten by itself, or with a sauce and your favorite protein. This is the perfect thing to add into your meals when your carbs are lower to keep you full and satisfied. (P.S. Everything but the Bage Seasoning is great on this!)
- Trader Joe’s Jerky: My life is always hectic. I am going nonstop from the moment I wake up to the moment I lie down and sometimes I need to eat on the go. When that happens I sometimes have trouble finding a good protein source to fill my protein numbers. Trader Joe’s Jerky comes in a variety of meats and flavors and are a great source of protein on the go! They are also not super high in carbs, as a lot of flavored jerkies tend to be. I am a huge fan of the Teriyaki flavor, ad luckily it comes in Turkey and Beef!
- Tader Joe’s Dressings : Green Goddess & Almond Butter Turmeric: Salads can be super bland, but these two dressings are a great way to add some flavor! Made from fresh, natural ingredients, these are the perfect thing to replace your typical Ranch. The Almond Butter Turmeric one is going to be a little higher in fat but both are filled with tons of good for you ingredients live avocado, turmeric, ginger, and garlic! Not only can these be topped on salads, but also make a great top sauce for chicken before putting it in the oven! ** Even though it is a dressing, it still has workable macros- pay attention to the labels
- Trader Joe’s Basmati Rice Medley: This is a great substitute for your bland white rice. This rice actually has a herb seasoning premixed, as well as freeze dried vegetable pieces for extra flavor. Again this is great plain or with your favorite protein! One serving equals about a cup of rice prepared, which means you are really getting bang for your buck with this dinner must have!