IIFYM Friendly Recipe- Turkey Taco Soup
Total Time: 4-8 hours
This IIFYM friendly recipe we bring you today is another healthy comfort food to meal prep as the weather continue to gets cooler. You will need your crockpot for this one which makes it an easy dump and go recipe. I hope you enjoy this delicious turkey taco soup!
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsalted corn
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomato and Green Chiles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can reduced sodium kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can reduced sodium pinto beans (drained)
- 2 TBSP taco seasoning or 1 oz package store bought
- 1 TBSP Dry ranch mix
- In a large skillet, brown the lean turkey. Once it is about done, add half or 1 TBSP of the taco seasoning.
- In the slow cooker, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Add the cooked turkey to the crock pot and stir
- Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours
- Once ready, add your favorite taco toppings such as serve reduced fat cheese, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt.
Protein: 27.5 grams
Fat: 2.8 grams
Carbs: 33.8 grams
Fiber: 11 grams
Recipe Credit- theskinnyfork.com