One Pan Italian Sausage and Veggies
A recipe brought to you by Coach Cat
This recipe is great for the meal prepper with not a lot of time. This dish is fast, easy, and packed with vitamins/ minerals as well as healthy fats! Eat plain or serve with rice, quinoa, or any of your favorite grains!
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups red potatoes
- 2 1/3 cups zucchini
- 2 cups red peppers
- 1 ½ cups broccoli
- 16 ounces Italian Turkey or Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon EACH: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH: onion powder, dried thyme
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper, 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (easy clean-up) and set aside.
- Prep the veggies: *It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time*
- Peel and very thinly slice the carrots. Wash (if desired peel) and chop the red potatoes. You want the pieces small here. (I halve the potatoes and then cut each half into 10-12 pieces)
- Halve the zucchini and then cut thick coins of zucchini. Coarsely chop the broccoli. Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into medium-sized pieces. Chop the sausage into thick coins.
- Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine all of the seasonings and salt and pepper if desired (I use about 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt) with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and toss to coat.
- Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes. Remove and toss around the veggies + sausage and return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
- Remove and top, if desired, with fresh parsley.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa if desired. (Also great plain!) (macros calculated for veggies and sausage only)
Yield- 1 Pan
Servings- 1/6 yield