A great recipe for the summer time and super easy! Just throw everything in the crockpot and let it cook. High in protein and the pineapple adds a little touch of sweetness. Topped with a homemade BBQ sauce packed with flavor and low in fat and sugar- this dish will be a sweet and filling addition to your weekly meal prep!
- 2 ½ lb pork tenderloin
- (1) 20oz. can pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP apricot preserves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp pepper
- Homemade BBQ Sauce
- ¾ cup reduced sugar ketchup
- (1) 8oz can crushed pineapple
- 3 TBSP apricot preserves
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 tsp low carb brown sugar (I use Truvia Brown Sugar)
- Place the tenderloins in a large crock pot
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice from the 20oz can, soy sauce, 2 TBSP preserves, garlic powder, and pepper. Whisk together.
- Pour over the pork tenderloins. Next, pour in the pineapple chunks from the 20 oz. can.
- Set slow cooker to Low for 6-8 hours. (I let mine cook 7.5 hours total)
- During the last hour, Mix together all of the BBQ Sauce ingredients
- Shred the pork with two forks, pour in the BBQ sauce mixture, and slightly stir to combine.
- Let finish cooking for the rest of the hour and Enjoy!
Total servings- 10
Protein- 23 grams
Fat- 2.5 grams
Carbs- 17 grams
Fiber- 0.5 grams