IIFYM Recipe- Chicken and Broccoli Stir- Fry
Total Time- 30 minutes
Have a craving for Chinese food this week? Well, why not turn that craving into your meal prep recipe for the week? This IIFYM friendly chicken and broccoli stir-fry is high in protein but low in fat making the perfect dish for you to stay on track. You will have 4 total servings for the week which will be perfect for a ready to go dinner or lunch option. I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 TBSP soy sauce
- 2 TSBP hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 2 TBSP cooking oil
- 12 oz skinless boneless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups chow mein noodles or hot cooked rice
- For the sauce preparation, in a small bowl stir together the water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cornstarch, ginger, and sesame oil. Set aside
- Cut the flowerets from the broccoli stems and separate into small pieces. Also cut the pepper into short, thin strips
- In a large skillet or wok heat 1 TBSP of the cooking oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir the broccoli for 1 minute. Add the sweet pepper and cook for an addition 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it is no longer pink. Stir in the sauce and cook until it is thickened and bubbly. Return the cooked vegetables to the skillet and stir to coat.
- Server over chow mein or cooked rice.
Total Servings- 4
Fat- 16 grams
Carbs- 31 grams
Fiber- 6 grams