IIFYM Recipe- Vegetarian Freezer Breakfast Quesadilla
Total Time- 30 minutes
These make ahead breakfast quesadillas are vegetarian friendly and come filled with eggs, spinach, cheese, and beans. They are also freezer friendly so you can have them ready to go for fast, easy, and healthy meals all week. That’s a win/ win combination right there. Switch up your breakfast routine and try out these deliciously filling quesadillas this week!
- 10 large eggs
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 TBPS extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cups lightly packed spinach, chopped (roughly 4 oz)
- 1 (15 oz) can reduced sodium white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/5 cups grated cheese of your choice (cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, etc)
- 8 medium whole wheat tortillas
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Add the beans and reduce heat to medium low then pour in the egg mixture.
- With a rubber spatula, cook the eggs low and slow and move them around often until they are scrambled. Remove from heat. If freezing, let the eggs cool completely
- Sprinkle a tortilla with 1/8th of the shredded cheese. Spoon 1/8th of the egg mixture on top, then fold in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas
- To cook, carefully wipe out the skillet. Raise the heat to medium and lightly coat the skillet with nonstick spray. Cook the quesadilla until golden on both sides and cheese is melted.
- To freeze: Let the eggs cool completely. Once cooled, form the quesadillas as directed then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap. Place the quesadillas in freezer keeping them in a freezer bag or airtight container. To cook from frozen: warm the quesadilla in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. You may also let them thaw overnight and then prepare in a skillet the next morning.
Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
Protein: 20 grams
Fat: 15 grams
Carbs: 33 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Recipe Credit: www.wellplated.com