IIFYM Recipe- Zucchini Tuna Cakes
Total Time- 15 minutes
Happy New Year from No Bull Nutrition! Let’s kick start 2018 by setting ourselves up for success with delicious and easy meal prep ideas. Getting into the habit of cooking fresh, healthy meals for yourself is a sure fire way to create a long term, lifestyle change for yourself vs a quick fix solution (which always fails). Today, we have a new high-protein dish for you to try during your next meal prep session. Simply double (or triple) the recipe below and you will have lunch set for the next few days. I hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 medium zucchini (roughly 100 grams) grated
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 2 T oats
- 2 T shredded cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 t garlic salt
- 1/4 t dill
- 1/4 t onion powder
- fresh ground pepper
For the Lemon Sauce
- 2 T Greek yogurt
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 t dill
- 1/4 garlic salt
- In a mixing bowl, add the grated zucchini and all of the cake ingredients together and mix well.
- Spray a frying pan with non stick spray and then heat on medium.
- Scoop half of the mixture into frying pan and use a spoon to form a round flat cake, roughly 1/2 inch thick. Repeat to form 2 cakes.
- Let the cakes cook for about 5-6 minutes on medium low. When the bottom is crispy and golden brown, flip and repeat on the other side.
- While the cakes are cooking, mix together the lemon sauce and set aside.
- When the cakes are done, top with lemon sauce and enjoy!
Serving Size- 2 cakes
Protein- 34 grams
Fat- 11 grams
Carbs- 14 grams
Recipe Credit- www.chocolatesalad.com