IIFYM Recipe- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Total Time: 35 minutes
Chicken casseroles are a staple in many kitchens. This comes as no surprise since they are easy, fast, and create a delicious balanced meal that everyone will enjoy. Today, we bring you a chicken casserole recipe that is all the above but won’t ruin your macros for the day. This recipe takes out all of the unnecessary fat and replaces it with some healthy veggies and high protein instead. I hope you enjoy this healthy chicken and broccoli casserole as much as I do!
- 1 small onion
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 (8 oz) packages of sliced mushroom
- 2 cups uncooked boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 3 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups fat free milk
- 1 (16 oz) package steam-in-bag broccoli florets
- 1 (5.3 0z) containter of fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup Mexican Style Cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 2 qt casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave according to directions, set aside
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add in the cubed chicken and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and mushroom mixture. Stir constantly, cooking for about 1 minute then stir in the milk. Bring this to a boil and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until it has thickened and bubbles.
- Stir in cooked broccoli and heat through for about 1 minute. Add in your yogurt, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Pour this into your casserole dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Protein: 29.1 grams
Fat: 11.9 grams
Carbs: 15.2 grams
Fiber: 3.1 grams
Recipe credit: www.yummyhealthyeasy.com