IIFYM Recipe- Healthy Turkey Chili
IIFYM recipe- Healthy Turkey Chili
Total Time- 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato (optional)
- 2 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups water, more as needed
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- add the garlic, onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, sweet potato. Saute for 5-7 minutes until soft
- add the turkey and cook until brown
- once meat is browned, add 1-1/2 cups of water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and all remaining spices.
- bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.
- let cook uncovered until the chili is thick (~45 minutes). Stir occasionally
- Add water to adjust consistency if need be
Protein: 24 grams
Carbs: 14 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
- Optional toppings for some extra flavor- sliced avocado, jalapeno peppers, shredded cheese, freshly chopped cilantro, and/or sour cream.