IIFYM Recipe- Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauc
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pound Extra lean Ground Turkey
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 green onions, diced
- Mix soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, red wine vinegar, sugars, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a whisk until sugar dissolves
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons warm water and cornstarch until cornstarch dissolves
- Heat sauce over medium high heat. Slowly whisk in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and cook until soft.
- Crumble ground turkey and garlic into pan and cook until turkey is halfway done. Add carrots and broccoli and continue to cook until turkey is no longer pink
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked turkey and vegetables and stir. Simmer for about 5 minutes and combine the flavors.
- Spoon the meat over rice or noodles and garnish with onions
Protein- 30 grams
Carbs- 51.4 grams (including rice)
Fat- 14.9 grams
Fiber- 2.2 grams
- If you want to reduce the amount of fat per serving, eliminate the olive oil.
- If you want to reduce the amount of carbohydrates per serving, cut back on some of the sugar that the recipe calls for. It will still taste just as good!