IIFYM Recipe- Baked Parmesan Chicken
Total time: 40 minutes
- 4 skinless/boneless chicken breast (sliced in half to make 8)
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp light butter (or olive oil)
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in a seperate container. Lightly brush the chicken with butter (or olive oil) then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and pour marinara sauce over chicken evenly. Top with 1.5 tbsp mozzarella.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted
Protein- 31 grams
Carbs- 14 grams
Fat- 9.5 grams
- Serve with pasta for a complete meal
- OR serve on bread for a chicken Parmesan sandwich